This forum is with an aim to provide you a platform to have open and secure discussion around topics of health, well-being and stress. We are working really hard to provide you with the required support and guidance during your stay at the campus. So, kindly follow the below mentioned guidelines to keep conversations healthy and help us in this endeavor.
WHO CAN BE A PART OF THIS FORUM: Students from various undergraduate, postgraduate courses related to medicine, nursing and para-medical branches at AIIMS, New Delhi will be a part of this forum. The student will remain a part of the forum for their entire tenure at AIIMS, New Delhi and their membership will expire after 3 months of tenure completion.
- PARTICIPATE: Be active on the forum by
- Asking questions
- Posting viewpoints
- Reacting to content
- SHARE: Feel free to share your opinion and understanding around the topic of discussion. Be comfortable in providing appropriate information on topics of health, well-being and stress.
- FEEL SAFE & SECURE: The forum is a safe and secure space, so be open in discussion about topics of health, well-being and stress on campus or in general.
- BE FRIENDLY: The forum is a friendly place. So be respectful to members of the group and help them express their opinions during discussions.
- KEEP IT CLEAN: While posting on the forum use decent communication protocol.
- Avoid the use of foul or abusive words/ photographs/links/ blogs, etc.
- Use of chat and SMS lingo is not permitted on the group
- Avoid asking for personal details like email id, phone number, etc. of members on the group.
- Respect others privacy. Don’t post personal details of others without there consent.
- Kindly limit the use of emoticons while posting on the group.
- Posts created in a dotty style are to be strictly avoided on the group as the same cause inconvenience to other members.
Please do not type using excessive dots or full stops (e.g. Maintaining sleep hygiene…………..is important and……………one should follow the same……………).
- If your post is made up of predominantly images, emoticons and memes please ask yourself what it will add to the conversation before posting.
- No personal attack on any member of the group will be entertained such as trolling or making use of derogatory/ demeaning/ discriminatory comments. Belittle members or personal attacks will be taken strictly.
- Avoid any content that involves elements of discrimination or glorification of activities like anti-academic stuff or promotion of drug/ alcohol use on campus as the group is all inclusive
- NO ADVERTISING:
- Strict no to advertising and self-promotion on the group.
- Don’t Campaign for votes, etc.
- Kindly avoid spamming (posting the same content multiple times) and back to back post on the same thread.
- DO NOT POST COPYRIGHT-INFRINGING MATERIAL: Make sure to provide relevant permission and reference details or the original source for information posting on the group. Make use of reputable sources and news article when posting content from external source.
- Avoid discussing about politics, religion and other sensitive topics.
SENSITIVE DISCUSSIONS should be avoided on the group. Please feel free to walk into the Student Wellness Centre to discuss about sensitive and personal topics.
Thanks for your anticipated co-operation
Welcome to the Student Wellness Centre!
As we all know, often students during their college life or stay at hostel feel and experience a lot of difference, this transition can be full of fun and new experiences but at times can come up with new challenges of managing life and increased responsibilities. Students Wellness Centre ensure that you are not alone during your stay at AIIMS.
Few issues are experienced by almost everyone initially during their college years such as academic difficulties, home sickness, social (family and friends) pressures, relationship issues, sense of loneliness, stress, anxiety, difficulty managing conflicts, low confidence, etc. Often as a result of these challenges students find it hard to pay attention on their academics and themselves leading to poor performance and further increase in the level of stress being experienced. Thus, seeking timely intervention is important and beneficial.
Student Wellness Centre (SWC) at AIIMS seeks to enhance individual and collective health of the campus through its various services. It provides professional health and counselling services to students. The services are dedicated to help the student population in making healthy life decisions related to their academics, relationship, stress management in a supportive and confidential environment. The Centre even aims to provide a supporting environment to the students and guide them through personal, social, familial and relationship related challenges. Services here are provided at the primary level to prevent, detect early and treatment issues related to emotional health and psychological conditions.
In short the SWC provides an opportunity to all the students at AIIMS to seek help in times of confusion, challenges and stress so as to regain themselves and their happiness. Counselling and supportive services at the center provides an opportunity to learn ways to handle stress, manage conflicts, make better choices, improve interpersonal relationships, develop confidence and increase academic performance.
Some of the frequent concerns reported by students are as following
- Academic pressures
- Lack of motivation and concentration
- Difficulty handling transitions and change
- Personal relationships and issues with friends, family, etc.
- Conflict with friends
- Family concerns
- Emotional issues like depression, anxiety
- Issues of grief and loss
- Difficulty managing work-life balance
Not just this the centre, organizes various events and activities to promote psychological well-being of students as well as to help them take up a balance and health lifestyle. Some important topics covered by the SWC through workshops are
- Catching up with Sleep
- Stress Management
- The art of creating time
- Add ROM for your Intel: Learning approaches
- The Zen mode: Rebooting life
To provide a nurturing environment at AIIMS that cares for the “whole student”, fostering not only critical thinking and competence but also holistic wellbeing.
- Provide advice to and advocacy for students
- Act as a hub of resources, referrals and information for students
- Promote the academic success and holistic experience of students
It aims to achieve this by provision of sensitive care tailored to the unique and diverse needs of each student in an accessible and respectful environment.
Telephone: 011-26596415; M-Helpline: 9999865729, 9999865730;
E-Helpline: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
Gents Hostel Complex
Room No. 11, Opposite Ashwini Hostel (Hostel No. 7)
Timings: Monday to Friday 7:00 AM – 7:00 PM
Saturday: 7:00 AM – 4:00 PM
- Common Room No. 2/II, Second Floor, Patanjali Hostel (Hostel No. 19), Masjid Moth Hostel Complex
Timings: Monday to Friday 11:00 AM – 7:00 PM
Saturday 11:00 AM – 4:00 PM
- Visitors’ Room, Saraswati Hostel (Hostel No. 10)
Timings: Monday to Saturday 1:30 PM – 2:30 Pm
- Jai Prakash Narayan Apex trauma Centre
Room No. 107, First Floor, Trauma Centre
Timings: Monday to Friday 12:30 PM – 3:00 PM,
Saturday 11:30 AM – 1:30 PM
It is with great warmth and enthusiasm that we welcome you all to the AIIMS Community. AIIMS has a unique holistic education system that fosters research, learning and skill building in the area of medical science and associated areas. AIIMS is full of wonderful resources for students, that will enable you to develop a healthy balance between your academic and leisure life. We are confident that your stay at AIIMS over the years will be educative, productive and most memorable. We assure you, that you will create life long bonds and memories here at AIIMS.
At AIIMS to cater to the diversity of the student body, it was felt necessary to develop a structure for students that work towards their welfare in order to ensure holistic experience for students and academic success. In addition, to providing advice and advocacy for students, we wish to act as a hub of resources, referral and information.